I’m back after a few days off of blogging following the two week Potato Chip Champ Tour.
Last year I took pictures on Instagram each week and documented our week-by-week happenings in a 52-page Shutterfly Book. When my husband Dave looked at it, he smiled really big and said “This is great. It’s captured so much!” But it was a lot of work and I’m not doing it again! Instagram is a lot of fun and my husband really enjoyed my daily picture taking so that he could be in tune with what we were doing at home while he was at work. I thought I would share my week in photos for you to get a glimpse (only a glimpse people, I did not document every tantrum my girls had and every cup of coffee I drank to keep myself going!) Again, I made 52 of these last year, one for each week! P.S. I do not open instagram up to the public. I am followed by my husband, sister and a few girlfriends.
Not in chronological order but from left to right.
1. Celebrating Hannukah (a little late) with family.
2. Making mini donuts (thank you Nana for the Hannukah gift) for breakfast with Grandma.
3. Hot cocoa and coffee by the fire while putting together a Little Mermaid puzzle.
4. Baby girl playing with her new easel.
5. Lunch date with my husband. I ate the best salad in town. Roasted beets, walnuts, red onions and goat cheese with balsamic vinegar.
6. Library storytime and play in the puppet theater (this was after spending 45 minutes in line at the post office and being yelled at by an employee because my daughter and I were playing I Spy and she climbed the shelf to point to the sad looking dog she spotted! I handled it with love and kindness. 🙂
7. Computer time at the library. Loving the sunshine on this very cold day.
8. Sunday school fun with mama.
10. Painting. O week. O is for orange, owl, outerspace, octopus, etc.
11. Obsessing over my girl’s artwork. I love her people! This was part of a Hannukah thank you card we mailed.
12. Coffee. Lots of it. I presented two days this week to elementary schools and I give it 150% The coffee is a great start to my day!
13. Home office. We are almost finished with a really fun project at our house. Can you spot the his and her desks?
14. Homeschooling. O is for owls. An owl scavenger hunt.
15. The not so glorious parts of my week (cleaning my hair out of bathroom drains). The cleaning and up keep of the house. The parts I try not to complain about because I love being home with my girls!
16. Picking up our milk from the church parking lot. Hick’s Dairy for our milk and Creswick Farms for our meat and eggs.
17. Getting outside for some exercise. I like this option because I can still sleep in till 7 and get a workout in before dave leaves and the girls are wide awake. It’s only 45 minutes but it does the trick!
Not pictured: Falling asleep at 7:00 pm on Wednesday night, the mad dash to get my girl to her dance lesson on time, teaching aerobics before the sunrises, my piano practicing attempts gone bad, sobbing while watching the last Parenthood episode (is it over forever?), flailing across town looking for a special plant for a homeschooling lesson, and the dance parties we have almost nightly at our house (complete with our new instruments from Hanukkah and a disco ball from Christmas.)
Here’s to living each day to the fullest and doing what you love!