Happy New Year! Happy New You! Most folks tend to put focus back on fitness when a new year rolls around. One of the many hats I wear is as a Group Fitness Instructor. I have been in the industry since 1998. I love my role as a coach and as someone who is there to motivate others to achieve their health and wellness goals. This blog is all encompassing when it comes to children and families. One of the most important things we can do for our children is to be healthy ourselves and model this to our family. I once heard the saying, “A happy mom for a happy home.”
Here are my Top Five (can’t live without) Fitness Assessories. This blog has been around for an entire month now and I would love to increase the communication between my readers and I. Please comment with your favoriite fitness assessories.
1. A great water bottle. It stays with me at all times. It goes in the dishwasher every other day. If you have a water bottle with you, you will drink water. I prefer the kind with a straw (drinking out of a straw is said to prevent wrinkles.)
2. A Sensio 13330 Bella Cucina 12-Piece Rocket Blender Platinum Edition for making my morning smoothie. Read my post here, to find out all the delicious goods I put in my drinks.
3. Yoga pants. I could live in my yoga pants. My favorite pair are from Lucy and are super expensive. The quality is much better than what you will find out and about. However, I found a comparable pair at Costco over the weekend for only $20 and they come in lengths too!
4. A good pair of shoes. I have worn Saucony’s for years. Find a shoe you love and replace it often.
A good rule of thumb is to replace your running shoes every 300 to 400 miles, depending on your running style, body weight, and the surface on which you run. Smaller runners can get new running shoes at the upper end of the recommendation, while heavier runners should consider replacement shoes closer to the 300 mile mark. If you run on rough roads, you’ll need to replace your running shoes sooner than if you primarily run on a treadmill. (from About.com)
5. A fitness plan is key. Look at your schedule at the beginning of the week and fit in those times to workout. And if the going gets tough, grab your favorite workout dvd and get some work in at home. My favorite at home workout is called Jillian Michaels – 30 Day Shred It’s a brief but intense workout. Totally doable with a 2 year old standing next to you!