For the first set of books, Maria shared books that encourage children to be themselves and help them feel good and confident about who they are!
- Incredible You! 10 Ways to let your greatness shine through by Dr. Wayne D Dyer and Kristina Tracy
- What I Like About Me! by Allia Zobel Nolan
- Me I Am! By Jack Prelutsky
- It’s Okay To Be Different by Todd Parr
For the next set of books, Maria shared books that talk about being kind to others, even when they are different.
For the last set of books (in this video – remember, this is just part 1!) Maria shared some of her favorite LGBTQ books.
- The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig
- Same, Same but Different by Jenny Sue Kostecki-Shaw
- Dazzling Travis by Hannah Carmona Dias
- Sparkle Boy by Lesléa Newman
- Jacob’s New Dress by Sarah Hoffman and Ian Hoffman
- My Princess Boy by Cheryl Kilodavis
- Pink Is for Boys by Robb Pearlman
- Stella Brings the Family by Miriam B. Schiffer
Be sure to tune in for the next installment of the video, as Maria will be sharing books that have more female characters! ?
Have you signed up for the Maria’s newsletter? You will learn more about raising kind and caring humans using positive character traits in your home or classroom. By signing up, you will also receive, FREE, our Ultimate Character Booklist with over 100 books we recommend you have in your home or classroom library!
Remember that Maria alternates these videos between her author page and the private Empowering Kids with Character page, which provides more ideas on the monthly theme and also support from fellow parents and educators!
Transcribed by Mandy Bush, Executive Assistant