Hi everyone! I’m Mandy Bush and I am the executive assistant for Cardinal Rule Press (Maria’s publishing company). I am a mother of 2 (son and daughter) and I will be blogging on Be the Difference and will be recapping some valuable tips from Empowering Kids With Character – The Show!
- Bowl with water
- 1 quarter
- Explain to your children that the quarter represents a lie you’ve said.
- Drop the quarter into the bowl and explain that the quarter represents a lie.
- Tell them that often times someone will cover up a lie they’ve told. Give the children an example – “I’m 20 years old”.
- Try to cover up the lie with the pennies, one by one.
- This is to show that every time you try to cover up your original lie with another lie, it just doesn’t work. Ask them “Is the lie covered up?”
- Explain how much work it is to just try and cover it up and it still doesn’t work!
- It’s so hard to cover up the lie and not get caught. Ask your child if you covered up the quarter completely – and look how many other “lies” you had to tell just to do that and how much work went into it when you could have just told the truth in the beginning.
There are always consequences when lying. Encourage the children to always clean up your lie. You can clean it up by telling the truth!!!
June’s character trait focus will be PLAY and I can’t wait to tune in!!!!
Join our private Facebook Group: Empowering Kids with Character. You don’t want to miss the amazing and awesome tips and tricks that is being shared by parents and educators alike!