Hi everyone! I’m Mandy Bush and I am the executive assistant for Cardinal Rule Press (Maria’s publishing company). I am a mother of 2 (son and daughter) and I will be blogging on Be the Difference and will be recapping some valuable tips from Empowering Kids With Character – The Show!
On May 3rd, Maria shared that May will be about Honesty! She shared a quick game called “Truth or Lie” (which she shared from MeaningfulMama.com) to help your child differentiate between truth or lie.
You can watch the full video here.
- Letters “L” and “T” (for Lie and Truth)
- Place L and T on the ground.
- Explain to child that you are going to say a few statements and some will be true and some will be false (a lie).
- Share several statements with the child and ask them to stand on the letter that describes whether your statement is “truth” or “lie”
- Allow your child to then come up with their own statements and you stand on the T or L
**Pause! We want to make sure you are getting all of our up to date research findings and support for parents and educators. Sign up here for our twice a month newsletter!
This is a very simple game for young children to help teach them the difference between truth or lie. Maria also shared that you can follow up this simple game with a book “Ruthie and the (not so) Teeny Tiny Lie” to help them see consequences to the action of lying!
**If you are still reading, have you grabbed our free Ultimate Character Booklist? The top books you should be reading at home and in the classroom to support positive character development in children!
Join our private Facebook Group: Empowering Kids with Character. You don’t want to miss the amazing and awesome tips and tricks that is being shared by parents and educators alike!