Hi everyone! I’m Mandy Bush and I am the online business manager for Cardinal Rule Press (Maria’s publishing company). I am a mother of 2 (son and daughter) and I will be blogging this month on Be the Difference and will be recapping some valuable tips from Maria’s new show, Empowering Kids With Character – The Show!
On February 1, Maria shared that the month of February would be focused on LOVE and shared a great way to love on your children. The second video of the month was all about an easy, fun craft to do with your children, in honor of Valentine’s Day! You can watch the full video here.
Maria shared that she was at a playdate, filming the video, so I knew the craft had to be easy! Who would do a super hard craft, with children, while at someone else’s house? Certainly not me.
- Contact paper
- Tissue Papers
- Construction paper
- Place contact paper on the table with the sticky side up (not on the table).
- Make an outline of a heart with construction paper and place on the contact paper.
- Cut up tissue paper and stick to the contact paper, inside the heart. The contact paper is sticky, so no messy glue is needed!
- Place a second piece of contact paper over your heart (the construction paper heart, not literally YOUR heart ?) and cut the excess contact paper off.
- You have a “stained glass” heart to place in window!
I absolutely LOVED this craft. I am not a super crafty (or even slightly crafty) person, naturally. When I do a craft, I prefer simple and a short list of supplies. This craft was so perfect for me! I also enjoy that, while this craft was for Valentine’s Day, I can see many more potentials of easy homemade decorations for holidays! Another huge win in my book! ?
Because this month we’re discussing the character trait of love, Maria shared some ideas on how you can incorporate different ways to discuss love, and encourage emotional intelligence in your children. This can be done when reading books, watching shows or out and about. You can ask your children what they think it sounds like when people are being loving with one another. What does it look like when they are being loving? Emotional intelligence is so important and it’s never too early to start encouraging this in your children!