Hi everyone! I’m Mandy Bush and I am the online business manager for Cardinal Rule Press (Maria’s publishing company). I am a mother of 2 (son and daughter) and I will be blogging this month on Be the Difference and will be recapping some valuable tips from Maria’s new show!
On the Maria Dismondy Facebook page, Maria is doing a NEW rendition of “Coffee with Maria”, which ran through last summer, where Maria would drink a cup of coffee and chat for no more than 5 mins (because who has more free time than that??).
The new show, “Empowering Kids with Character, The Show”, is going to happen every Thursday on Maria Dismondy’s Facebook page. She will be giving valuable, inexpensive and easy tips on what you can do to increase positive character traits in children.
What does that mean? Well, we want to raise kind and caring individuals and Maria will show us how to do this in the boundaries of our own homes.
Tip – setting New Year’s goals with kids (see full video here):
- Define what a goal is to your child(ren) – it’s the “what” you want to happen
- Objective/action – is the “how” you can make it happen. What do you need to do each month to make that goal come true?
Maria talked about active ways we can help our children:
- Goal Markers – tools and strategies/resources to help them meet those goals.
- Ex: kid wants to run a 5k – “how” is going to gym on Saturdays with a parent and running for 5 minutes on a treadmill (to begin – upping that time as the months go by)
- Goal marker – parent supports child in that mission
- Resources – running shoes (example)
She suggested you go on Pinterest and research New Years goals templates / children’s New Year’s goals templates. Then review with your child(ren) what their goal is for each month (setting a year-long goal is unrealistic for a child). Be sure to explain what a goal and objective are – doing this as a family is a great way to build your relationship!
Maria also said that the Empowering Kids With Character Facebook page is going to have some new things coming! Be sure to like the page so you don’t miss a thing!