This week in the What I’ve Learned Series, I want to talk about Health and Wellness.
Here are some important things I’ve learned on my journey to finding a balance between fitness and nutrition in order to feel like my best self.
- I exercise because it feels good and mainly because it provides me with a beautiful sense of sanity and patience.
- Staying in a healthy weight range for me comes from my diet, not from my work out regimen. Every human body is unique and different things work for different people.
- Clean eating is the new trend. I started eating this way 2 years ago and it has cleared up my eczema, I have less migraines, less bloating and I sleep much better. I have learned so much from the Whole 30 Program.
- I’ve stopped snacking between meals since eating a clean diet. I eat more protein and fat during my three meals a day and that keeps me satisfied until the next meal. I learned about Clean Eating first from my BFF who shared Angelle Batten’s program with me.
- Portion control is hard for me. I don’t always know when I am full. Weight Watchers has taught me a lot about portion control and it is a fantastic program that provides results to those who follow it.
- I have taught Group Fitness classes since I was 18 (that’s 19 years!!!) It’s my way of inspiring others to be their best selves and it helps hold me accountable for three workouts a week.
Instagram has some amazing food and fitness bloggers you can follow for inspiration for healthy eating and fitness. Just follow the hashtags #whole30 #cleaneating and #fitness to find people to follow. I am on Instagram as @mariadismondyinc