I’ve posted a few times recently on goal setting. I think it’s an important skill to practice in order to grow and make changes in our lives.
Here are a few things I’ve learned to help you on your journey in 2016 when setting goals:
- Set realistic goals. Follow the SMART goals suggestions: S-Specific, M-Measurable, A-Attainable, R-Relevant and T-Timely.
- Think about goals for different areas of your life: Family, Personal, Marriage/Relationships, Health, Business
- Create a PUSH Goal-a big scary goal that you will work each month towards completing by the end of the year.
- Evaluate and reflect on your progress each month.
- Set monthly or quarterly goals to make it more realistic.
- Choose ONE WORD to focus on all year long.
- However you choose to set your goals, be sure in the end you write them down and share them with someone. Having an accountability partner is helpful in meeting your goals!
- My 2015 Goals
- My 2016 Goals
- The Happiness Project by Gretchin Rubin
- One Little Word with Ali Edwards
Learn more about setting goals as a family with our free download. You will be opted into our monthly newsletter with quick tips to bringing positive character into your home and/or classroom.