You have already heard about our Summer Kindness Contest. Here are the simple steps to entering:
1. Perform a Random Act of Kindness
2. Snap a photo of the RAK or a selfie with a description of the kindness you shared
3. Share your photo on social media-either FACEBOOK or INSTAGRAM
with the hashtag #mariadismondybooks
If you have a private account, be sure to share PUBLICLY (facebook) or tag us on Instagram @mariadismondyinc or we will not be able to view your entry
*Contest ends 8/23/15 6am EST
There’s another contest I am hosting with some other amazing bloggers which will begin on Instagram Monday 8/17 at 7pm EST.
We are giving away four books about KINDNESS (pictured above)!!! The winner will be announced on Thursday 8/19 at 7pm EST
It’s a loop contest and very simple to enter. Go to my Instagram account @mariadismondyinc and find the pictures with this contest image. You will have everything you need to enter there!
The following bloggers are participating in the IG Loop—and we encourage you to write about HOW YOU USE KINDNESS IN THE CLASSROOM on your blog and link up with us BELOW!
Courtney from Ramona Recommends
Ashley from One Sharp Bunch
My lesson on Kindness:
- Read my book, Chocolate Milk, Por Favor.
- As you read, chart examples of KINDNESS on chart paper with your class (this book is great to teach community, empathy and diversity too)
- After reading, come up with connections with your students by answering this question: How can YOU show kindness to others?
- Print and pass out these Kindness Coupons with a note attached for families. Send home with your students and ask them to complete at least one act of kindness with their families as a homework assignment. **Thank you Chandra Dills from Teaching With Crayons and Curls for creating this for my Summer Kindness Contest!
- Download and print this FREE Classroom Kindness Tracker. Keep a tally of the kindness happening in your classroom community. Plan a celebration for your class once, together, you have completed 100 acts of kindness!