Have you heard of Kid President? His real name is Robby Novak and he became a YouTube sensation overnight! Check out one of his videos called 20 Things We Should Say More Often here. His videos are featured on Soul Pancake, a platform that is out there to make a difference. Do you remember when I shared Caine’s Arcade? Very cool stuff.
I just finished reading a book written by Robby and his uncle, Brad Montague. It’s called Kid President’s Guide to Being Awesome.
The book is filled with humor and inspiration. I borrowed it from our local library but I think I need to purchase a copy for our family. I would like to read it to/with my kids. It empowers children to go out and make a difference. It gives them confidence that even kids can do GREAT things. It reminds grown-ups to think like kids (fearless and without limits).
There are stories shared in the book that brought me to tears. Robby and Brad share 100 Awesome Ideas with readers. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Put down your phone
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Life is short and deodorant is expensive
- Best less buys and be more awesome
- Complain less. Celebrate more.
- Treat everybody like it’s their birthday
- Follow your passion
- Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody
- Listen (more than you talk)
- Stand in someone else’s shoes
- If you want to be a world changer for people everywhere, be a day maker for the people right next to you
- Write letters
- Read. Then read some more
- Be generous, Give!
- Let your heroes know they are your heroes
- Don’t get tired. Get inspired.
- Take care of yourself, so you can take care of others
- Remember the world is bigger than your backyard
I highly recommend you get this book and read it!