Here is my list of go-to baby books. I’ve read more than a dozen and out of these six, I will read three of them over and over and over again the first six months after Baby Dismondy is born. Here’s what I thought about each title.
1. Baby Wise: There are so many differences out there in how to parent so first of all, no judgement! But, I am a firm believer in getting a baby on a sleep and feeding schedule early on. So many people frown upon this style of parenting but it has worked for our family!
2. The Happiest Baby on the Block: I read this book once. I didn’t feel the need to go back to it after my second baby was born. It brings up some great parenting tips for new parents and some solutions to common baby mysteries.
3. The Vaccine Book: I vaccinate my children but I do not follow our pediatrician’s schedule. I think if you are making choices like this, you need to be educated on why you are delaying certain vaccines. This book helped me gain the understanding I needed to be confidant in our vacine schedule.
4. Super Nutrition for Babies. LOVED this book (Thank you Danielle!!!) I will go back to all my doggy-earred and highlighted pages after this baby is born. This is a great guide for those who strive to feed their families REAL foods and take on a holistic approach to health and nutrition.
5. Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. I just recently read a chapter in this book about what to do as my 4 1/2 year old transitions out of naps. Our girls have really good sleep schedules and I can see it in their behavior. When we fall out of that pattern, like staying up late because of a party—they are a hot mess the next day from being overtired. This book gives reasonable guidelines for sleep recommendations at different ages.
6. Super Baby Food. I use this book to make baby food. The pages are falling out from over use. It’s a great guide for feeding your baby wholesome foods when they start solids around 6 months.