March is Reading
1. Pinterest Contest ends March 20th
2. Giveaway on Box Office Mom
3. Twitter Party on March 21st-amazing prizes! Feel free to share the ad picture here with your readers!
This month is my busy month for work. I will be presenting a lot and running both a Pinterest contest and a Twitter Party. I have a few areas of my career I would like to grow as far as marketing goes and am committed to doing it this month.
1. Read Pinterest Savvy by Melissa Taylor and create five things I learned from the book that I am going to put to use.
2. I have one more week in a Social Media class I am taking online. I learned quite a bit about Google+ and am spending time this month getting my busuiness up and running on that platform.
3. Sponsorships-I have had some interest in companies wanting to advertise on my blog and I am putting together a plan to hopefully roll out in April at the same time as some blog and website changes (trying to keep up with mobile web optimization!)
February: Clean Up & Clear Out
Follow-up This month I wanted to clean or organize something every day of the month. I also wanted to tackle a task that I had been thinking about for a very long time.
1. The clean up was good! I liked having a small task each day. I got a bit behind when we took our family trip.
2. I wrote the letters. Letters to my loved ones in case anything unexpected were to ever happen. Creepy, yes. Something I’ve always wanted to do though.
Follow-up This month I wanted to learn something new. I committed to doing this in three ways.
1. Learn to load the dishwasher. Check. It still doesn’t look professional but with all the plastic servingware I am getting in there, I am not sure that’s possible. Thanks to my pal Erica, I am able to fit more into my dishwasher with some organization!
2. Learn about the instrument I play. Play the piano twice a week. My phone reminder was fun. Every Wednesday and Sunday morning it reminded me to play the piano. I wasn’t always able to stop what I was doing to practice. I will continue to work on this goal!
3. Learn to share my love. I participated in the Happier at Home 21 Day Relationship Challenge. I signed up for this challenge to learn some new, creative ways to show my appreciation to those I love in my life. I don’t see my home lacking in love but why not learn more about vulnerability and authenticity? My favorite things I learned: Don’t keep score, create a threshold ritual, and kiss in the morning and at night.
One Little Word:
I have followed Ali Edwards project “One Little Word” for two years now. My word for 2011 was Peace and my word for 2012 was Balance. I’ve never taken her class but I have incorporated my word into my monthly goals/wishes/resolutions. Here’s how to come up with a word (from Ali). My word for 2013 is Grace.
Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2013?
It can be something tangible or intangible. It can be a thought, a feeling, or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother’s word or your spouse’s word or your child’s word”this is YOUR word.
One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here’s one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our heart speaks to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren’t ready for it yet.
Again, be open to the possibilities.