Make a Difference Monthly is a linky party that I started in April and will continue through April of 2013.
Each month bloggers link up with their ideas on how they teach a specific character trait either to their students or to their children at home.
This month we discussed the importance of teaching Compassion.
Here are some book suggestions for preschool and elementary age children that model compassion.
1. The Hundred Dresses by: Eleanor Estes
2. Horace, Morris but Mostly Dolores by: James Howe
3. Great Joy by: Kate DiCamillo
4. Getting To Know by: Ruben Plotnick
5. Stellaluna by: Janell Cannon
6. Stone Soup by: Jon J. Math
7. Watch Your Tongue, Cecily Beasley by: Lane Fredrickson
8.Lilly’s Purple Plastic Purse by: Kevin Henkes
9. The Potato Chip Champ by: Maria Dismondy