A part of my mission is to empower children to be strong on the inside. Teaching character to kids is a great way to see this happen. Each month, I invite bloggers to join my Make A Difference Party. These monthly posts serve as resources for parents, teachers and caregivers to find creative ways to teach character.
This month, I shared my idea on teaching Courage. Here are ten children’s books that support this monthly character trait.
Let me know what I am missing in the comments below if you have a great book to add to the list!
1. I’m Gonna Like Me by: Jamie Lee Curtis
2. Sheila Rae, The Brave by: Kevin Henkes
3. The Story of Ruby Bridges by: Robert Coles
4. The Empty Pot by: Demi
5. Brave Irene by: William Steig
6. Spaghetti In A Hot Dog Bun by: Maria Dismondy
7. The Girl Who Never Made Any Mistakes by: Gary Rubinstein
8.The Name Jar by: Yansook Choi
9. Courage by: Bernard Waber
10. Only One You by: Linda Kranz