The first birthday party was such a hit that the party girl came down with a nasty cold. When someone has a cold in our house, I find it my mission to do anything possible to push the illness out of the house just as quickly as it arrived!
Here are a few things we do to battle the common cold:
1. I make a batch of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. The recipe I use is delicious and can be found over at Simply Scratch. I make my own broth and freeze it in jars and ice cube trays so I can use it easily in my cooking. For the babe? Soup in a cup! My mom taught me that one.
2. Rest. I cancel plans. It’s important for everyone to give their bodies a break!
3. Plenty of hydration.
4. Epsom salts in a bath for myself and I put some in my older daughter’s tub (not to be used for babies). Lavender essential oil added to a bath is very soothing.
5. A humidifier in the room of the sick one along with a cotton ball with a few drops of Eucalyptus and Wintergreen essential oils. My friend gave me this tip and it helps create such a fresh breathing space for your little patient!
7. Hot tea with honey for the adults.
8. A positive attitude 🙂
Do you have a tip to add to the list? Please comment below!