On September 16th I will be co-hosting a blog hop. Save the date and stop by my blog on that Sunday. A blog hop is a fun way to find new blogs to follow. Most of the participants on Live, Laugh, Rowe‘s site are creative, DIY, fashion, and simply sharing life’s story blogs. If you are going to participate, why not grab this button and post it on your blog before the hop?
Some of you may still be asking, what is a blog hop?
The following Q&A is from Blogaholic. I thought the author, Emily Murray, explained it quite simply.
1) What is a blog hop? A blog hop also called a link up is basically a widget, called a linky, that allows bloggers to add their blog to a list. The list can be on multiple sites or may just be on the site of the blogger hosting the hop.
2) What is the purpose of a blog hop? Blog hops allow you to visit other blogs, follow blogs you like, and gain followers.
3) How do I participate? It’s easy, just follow the rules the host has left. Sometimes the host asks that you place the blog hop button on your site or in a post, others have no rules. You then add your blog to the list and then visit other blog from the list. When you find blogs you enjoy follow them and leave a comment.
4) Why should I leave a comment? Leaving a comment allows the blogger to know that you are now following them. However, there are a few rules of etiquette:
- Don’t spam bloggers
- Don’t ask bloggers to visit your site and follow you
- Try to leave a sincere comment. Comment on the post or their blog in general and then let them know you are stopping by from the blog hop. No need to ask them to stop by your blog, if they are participating they already know how it works.
5) How long is a blog hop? Blog hops typically last one day although some may last an entire weekend and specialty blog hops may last a week or more.
6) How many blogs should I visit? As many as you would like. Visiting blogs through blog hops takes time so you may not get to everyone on the list, the great things is most blog hops are weekly events so you can stop back b next week.