Every month, I host a linky party for bloggers to post their ideas on teaching character. It’s a great resource for parents, teachers and any other caregivers that work with children to refer back to.
This month we are talking about Caring. I think books are a wonderful way to teach children about a certain concept in a fun, sometimes indirect way. So here are some of the books I use to teach my children at home and at school about Caring.
Am I missing a great children’s book that teaches Caring? Please let me know in the comments below!
1. Anika’s Secret Wish by Beverly Lewis
2. Four Feet, Two Sandals by Karen Lynn Williams and Khadra Mohammed
3. Heartprints by P.K. Hallinan
4. Kiki’s Hats by Warren Hanson
5. Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch by Eileen Spinelli
6. The Golden Rule by Illene Cooper
7. The Little Fir Tree by Margaret Wise Brown
8. The Rainbow Fish to the Rescue by Marcus Pfister
9. The Orange Shoes by Trinka Hakes Noble
10. Those Shoes by Maribeth Boelts
11. Wilfred Gordon McDonald Partridge by Mem Fox
12. You’re Mean. Lily Jean by Frieda Wishinsky
13. A Wish To Be A Christmas Tree by Colleen and Michael Monroe