Here are 10 Random but GREAT things I want to share with you today!
1. Go to this link Dolly’s Imagination Libary and click at the top “Register my child” to see if your child is eligible for FREE BOOKS. My friend said after a few months, you will receive a free book every month. I love books and I love free!
2. Check out these great printables over at Sweet Blessings.
3. I watched Oprah’s Life Class last night and Deepak Chopra said something I loved “If you want to be happy, make someone else happy.” So true! I love these life lessons that Oprah has been sharing on her network.
4. This week I am making my friend Holly’s delicious Double Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe for a friend who had a baby. Holly made them for me and brought them to the hospital. They are so good. Ingredients: 1 box Devil’s food cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/3 c. vegetable oil, 1/2 bag chocolate chips. Beat cake mix, eggs and oil. Batter will be stiff. Stir in chocolate chips. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Flatten lightly. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet!
5. Today I went to Mom and Tot class with my oldest daughter. It is the highlight of my week. I cherish this time with her. I walked in after the class to my baby snuggled up on Grandma. I think Grandma appreciates the time with the baby too!
6. I had lunch with a friend this afternoon. We talked in depth about the importance of friends. We discussed how we really do need each other in our lives. Then she shared her chicken with me and gave me a new lipstick! I am so lucky!
7. My sister-in-law is having a baby this week and I am bringing her these to the hospital as a part of her gift. Sticky Bellies are a great gift! A good way to remind yourself to record your child’s growth (in photos, especially) each month. I am also proud to announce that my good friend is the owner of the company!
8. I am making Sloppy Joe’s for dinner right now. It reminds me of how much I love the farm we buy our meat from. They are local and their animals are grass fed. Do you want to know more about the grass and grain fed meat debate? Read this article. It will make you want to buy local! Honestly, the price is VERY comparable to the meat at your local grocery store.
9. National “Screen-Free Week” is an annual event where children, families, schools and communities are encouraged to turn off screens and “turn on life.” Instead of relying on television programming for entertainment, participants read, daydream, explore, enjoy nature, and spend time with family and friends. Our family will be participating. Wondering what you will do all week? Here’s a list of 52 activities you can do besides watching television along with some interesting statistics. I read online that it’s next week but others say it’s this week. I watched Oprah last night so we are starting today! Are you up for the challenge? Note: I can’t turn my computer off though. It’s part of my job!
10. I appreciate my readers and I know you are out there! Sometimes I look at my analytics page to see how many of you are reading and there are quite a few of you! I would LOVE for you to comment! Tell me some random but great things you would like to share in the comment section below. 🙂 Maria
I am linking up to the Top Ten Linky Party.