I’m happy to be networking with a group of almost 100 authors this week for the Authors in Bloom Giveaway. Each author will offer either a recipe or a gardening tip. It’s a great way to enter into the spring season. Every author involved in the hop will be hosting their own giveaway. In addition, there is a GRAND PRIZE giveaway that will be awarded to one lucky reader at the end of the hop. The prize is a Kindle!
Speaking of spring, I just received a book titled Bloom to read for book club. I am super excited about this book. It is a memoir of how a mom named Kelle Hampton found the beauty in the unexpected when she delivered her sweet Nella who has Down Syndrome. Reading Kelle’s blog over the last few years has seriously helped me become a better parent. She finds the beauty in everyday life. She makes time for her children and I love that. Check her out here.
In honor of this blooming author hop and my new book club book Bloom, I am sharing a recipe with you! This recipe is from All Recipes website and was submitted by Tammy Hooper. It’s a dirt cake! Delicious and always a crowd pleaser!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 32 ounces chocolate sandwich cookies with creme filling
- Chop cookies very fine in food processor. The white cream will disappear.
- Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar in bowl.
- In a large bowl mix milk, pudding and whipped topping together.
- Combine pudding mixture and cream mixture together.
- Layer in flower pot, starting with cookies then cream mixture. Repeat layers.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Add artificial flower and trowel. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to record my special sentences to enter the Grand Prize Kindle!
To be eligible for the grand prize, readers must copy each a short phrase posted on each author” blog post and assimilate them into the complete passage: Authors in Bloom, a vignette about a women’s personal growth and empowerment.
Line 24: But you despair.
Line 25: You’re alone.
Click below to be linked to all 100 authors participating in this awesome blog hop! Remember, there is a giveaway on EACH blog and a chance to win the grand prize, a kindle!